NMC is looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our team! We’d love to hear from you if you think you could be a good fit. Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and a little about yourself. We’re hoping to fill this role soon to support our continuing growth. To help you figure that out, here’s some more information about us, our team and the role!
NMC is a 15-year-old, full-service, digital agency based in downtown Carrboro. We’re a 15-person boutique, independent firm who has grown organically and consistently over that time. We help clients across the country and world conceive, design, and build digital solutions, including identity work, traditional websites, digital products, custom databases, search engine optimization, digital strategy, and more.
NMC believes a diverse team where everyone can bring their authentic self to a collaborative, supportive, and open environment is key not only to the success of the company and our clients, but also a core tenet in which we passionately believe. As such, we work to prioritize diversity and inclusion in our hiring, culture, projects, and community engagement.
Our clients range from Fortune 50 and international advocacy groups to venture backed startups and local nonprofits. About half of our work is for nonprofits and advocacy groups, and we’ve also developed a number of other verticals around law firm websites, agency partnerships, and many others. Our work has been recognized by the Webby Awards, Inc., BBC, Smashing Magazine, and many others.
We’re a small team that strives to deliver outsize results to diverse set of clients. A small sample of our clients include RTI International, Fleet Feet, Lenovo, the International Women’s Media Foundation, Duke, UNC, buildOn, Feeding America, God’s Love We Deliver, Mother Earth Brewing, the NC Museum of History, and many others.
The connective tissue between all of our clients is they are looking for their vision to be beautifully brought to life with thoughtful and leading technology by a collaborative and clever team. They want to leverage purpose driven design to make a positive change for their organization, communities, and world, and we help them do that.
About NMC's Project Managers
Our Project Managers work as strategists, advocates, and liaisons for our various clients. They work to deeply understand a project and client, partner with our design team to share the client’s vision, and collaborate with the development team to make sure it’s brought to life and includes the functionality planned for with the client. Along the way, the Project Managers proactively work to keep the project on schedule, actively look for small issues to get them solved before they become big ones, and keep the client up to date with the latest milestones and upcoming deliverables.
PMs work on multiple projects of different sizes and at different phases simultaneously, so it’s important they stay organized and keep a positive attitude even during the potential doldrums of a project.
For an interested candidate with the right skillset, there is also opportunity for this role to straddle both our Project Management and Design team. In the past, Project Managers with design experience or interest have split their time between traditional project management and specific design support roles where they work directly on client or NMC design tasks. Also, for those who are interested in doing more writing, that is a possibility, too! Please let us know in your application, if you think a combination role could be a fit for you.
Some examples of the type of projects our Project Managers have worked on and you could envision servicing include:
- Partnering with the International Women’s Media Foundation to understand their digital design goals, presenting the information to our design team to get beautiful designs created, and working with the organization to plan how to bring those designs to life and migrate content into them.
- Helping a medium size law firm dramatically upgrade their website with an eye toward search engine optimization, presenting a vision to our design team and writing out clear build details for the development team.
- Supporting a larger site launch by moving over key content into WordPress and QA’ing the site for any bugs, solving what you can on your own. Then, training the client on the site and CMS ahead of launch.
- Working with a larger brand, such as RTI International, on a consistent basis to support their ongoing efforts in managing their website, helping them solve digital problems, supporting them with strategic guidance around SEO, and outlining plans to our design and development teams to be brought to life.
- For those interested in the expanded design or writing roles, you could design social media graphics and internal reports to help them create digital content and internally highlight the work being done. You could also interview NMC teammembers and turn that knowledge into blog posts and content on the site.
Our Project Managers have come from a range of backgrounds and had success. The most typical traits we find that have made people the most successful include a high level understanding of the web, a natural curiosity about digital and new technologies, a positive attitude, very strong written communication abilities, and supreme organization.
For this role, some specific things we’re looking for (although we have an open mind) include:
- 0-5 years experience – new graduates should feel welcome to apply
- Some experience with WordPress or a similar CMS, even if just for fun and/or experimenting
- Strong written communication skills
- Some exposure to social media updating and management, even if just for personal purposes
- Desire to learn about new tools and put them into practice
- Experience with a project management system like Asana or Basecamp is a plus
- Background with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc. or any formal designing would be a big plus and potentially expand the role to include some design support!
- High level knowledge about Search Engine Optimization, web analytics, and general web development approach would be a big plus!
Some of the things you can expect from NMC:
- We’ve had a flexible office policy since our founding. You can guide us in finding the best work setup for your needs, whether that’s coming into the office daily, sometimes, or infrequently. A majority of our team live in the Triangle, but not all come into the office daily, and we also have team members who work from Charlotte and Greensboro.
- For those who want to work in the office, you’ll get to enjoy our cool space overlooking downtown Carrboro within walking distance to dozens of restaurants and Weaver St. Market.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits.
- A generous vacation policy and a culture that encourages time off
- Company provided workstation setup
- Company covered professional development through conferences, workshops, courses, books, etc.
- Free Friday company lunches along with company outings and happy hours.
- Paid parental leave.
- 401k with a 4% match.
- A fun and kind team with plenty of Slack Channels and GIFs to spare
We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re a fit. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org about you and why you’d be a fit along with your resume.