Schedule Weekly Email Reports Through Google Analytics
Scheduling automated email reports through Google Analytics is a great way to monitor your website with very little effort. It's also really simple to set up. To get started, follow the steps below.
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account and select the site from which you want to receive reports.
2. Once on your main Dashboard screen, click the small “email” button right above the main chart.
3. When the "set up email" page loads you’ll see two tabs – select the “schedule” tab to create a recurring report.
4. Complete each field with your information. This will include the email addresses of recipients, the subject line of the email, the type of file and the frequency of the emailed report. I normally send a PDF file and recommend scheduling reports to be sent on a weekly (or at the latest monthly) basis.
5. Finally, click the “schedule” button and you’re done! You’ll now get nicely formatted reports sent straight to your inbox that you can review, monitor and share with your group.
Note: Along with the default categories shown on the Dashboard, I also like to include a few additional measurements, such as “keywords” and “referring sites.” To add these to your Dashboard and your recurring report, navigate to those specific pages and click “add to dashboard.”