Building a link
To link text on your site to a webpage, simply follow the steps below:
- Highlight the text you want to link the webpage to.
- Click on the insert/edit link button in the menu box
- You will see a pop-up box where the first field asks for the 'Link URL'. If you're linking to a page on your site, continue to step 4. If you're linking to an external page (like Google.com or Twitter.com), skip to step 6.
- For links to pages on your site, you only need to type in the end-url (highlighted below) of that page.
- Type in the end-url and click Insert.
- For links to external pages, simply type in the full url of the page and click insert
- (optional) For external links, you may want the page to open up in a new tab so that users do not accidentally navigate away from your site. To do this, change the 'Target' field from "Open in this window / frame" to "Open in new window (_blank)" and then click Insert.