Building a Form
New Media Campaigns’ backend will allow you to build forms, and then manage an online database of recipients.
- Go to the backend of your website by going to www.yourdomain.com/control/. Click the contacts button in the main menu and select Forms from the sub-menu
- From there, select New Form in the sidebar (highlighted below). Give your new form a title and immediately save your form after giving it a title.
- After saving your form, select the Fields tab. Give your field a title – this is the text that will prompt people to fill out the Field.
- Using the Type dropdown menu (highlight), choose what type of field you would like.
- The User Field menu will control if this field will populate a standard element of the database. Use the User Field menu to see if the field you created matches any standard database fields – if it does, select that option and the field’s data will automatically populate the corresponding database element. *NOTE – even if you select None, the data will be saved in the backend, just not as a main database element
- Select Add Field to make your form’s first field
- Repeat this process for all of the fields on your form; as you add fields, you should see the layout display below.
- When creating a multi-checkbox question, each checkbox is its own field and the title of the question should have a Field type of 'Label'.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save the form
- To place the form on your site, go to the Include tab and copy the text (by pressing ctrl + c) in the Include field
- Paste the text (by pressing ctrl + v) in the body of the page where you want the form to appear.
- Congratulations – you’ve created a form!
- OPTIONAL: You can add email notifications to the form by adding email addresses to the 'Notifications' field that appears when you click 'Form Details' (highlighted below).
- OPTIONAL: You can add a redirect so that once the form is created, the user is automatically redirected to a Thank You page or any other page on the site by filling out the 'Redirect' field in the 'Form Details' dropdown.
The format for creating redirects is "../page/end-of-url". This may read "../page/thank-you" or "../page/thanks" depending on the end of your Thank You page's URL.